Law Offices of Suzanne L Capriotti, LLC
Phones answered 24 hours (240) 720-7714

family immigration issues Archives

How can you qualify for a 601 waiver?

People who have been living in the U.S. illegally for over a year and then leave the country can seek legal residency if they don't re-enter the U.S. for at least 10 years. However, many people have family obligations in this country that would make deportation and a decade-long re-entry ban very difficult for their loved ones.

Taking a look at chain migration in the United States

,Chain migration has become a hot topic in the news since President Donald Trump gave the annual State of the Union address back in January. President Trump made a claim that one immigrant is able to bring in "virtually unlimited numbers of distant relatives" to the United States in what he says is chain migration. Under the current administration's plan, immigrants would only be allowed to sponsor spouses and minor children for access to the country.


The Law Offices of Suzanne L Capriotti, LLC
13-15 E. Deer Park Dr.
Suite 201
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

Phone: 240-720-7714
Phone: 301-802-1255
Fax: 301-519-8173
Map & Directions