Suzanne L. Capriotti
- Sole Practitioner
Suzanne Capriotti has over 18 years of experience in the practice of law and has appeared countless times before Immigration Courts and various State Courts in Maryland. Ms. Capriotti's practice focuses on Immigration Law, with an emphasis on Deportation Defense, Political Asylum, Immigrant Juvenile Visas, Naturalization, and Family Petitions. Ms. Capriotti is committed to advocating for the rights of immigrants, including not only those seeking to live here peacefully with family members, but also those seeking refuge, who have suffered or fear persecution in their home country. Committed to the belief that every individual should be afforded the same basic human right to live peacefully, regardless of their gender, religion, political opinion, sexual orientation, etc. Ms. Capriotti advocates for each and every client zealously and passionately. Ms. Capriotti actively lobbies Congress for Immigrant's rights.
Suzanne Capriotti was born in Bay Shore, New York and graduated Cum Laude from West Virginia University as a University Honors Scholar, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting. She received her Juris Doctorate in Law in 2001 from the Catholic University of America. During Law School, Ms. Capriotti was published in the University's Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy, and was selected for Interschool Moot Court Competitions, receiving first place in the Constitutional Law Competition. Following law school, Ms. Capriotti spent a year as the Law Clerk for the Honorable Paul A. McGuckian at the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. In 2003, Ms. Capriotti partnered with another lawyer in Gaithersburg, Maryland and began the practice of Immigration Law, eventually continuing the practice solely in 2016.
Ms. Capriotti is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the Maryland State Bar Association and the Bar Association for Montgomery County, Maryland. She is admitted in both the state and federal courts of Maryland.
Areas of Practice
- Maryland, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2020
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2001
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- B.S.B.A. - 1996
- Is There A Future For Cell Phone Litigation?, 18J. Contemp. Health L. & Pol'y 489 (2002)., 2, 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Severn, O'Connor and Kresslein, Associate, 2002 to 2003
- The Honorable Paul A. McGuckian, Law Clerk, 2001 to 2002